Workshops run in 3 different time slots each day throughout the week. Workshops require your full attendance unless noted otherwise.
See previous programs for more
After dinner, join us for nightly dances or storytelling by the fire. Friday night feast + dance is open to the public.
Anyone is welcomed to join.
Dances poster illustration
+ design by Kathryn Durst
Our Folk Camp meals are prepared by talented folk camp cooks LIZZY SHIPMAN and EVA SALINA. Our food is locally sourced and organic from family farms.
GOT MORE QUESTIONS?
CHECK OUR F.A.Q. PAGE!
Got more question? Contact our registrar below.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- Folk culture is organic and non-authoritative.
- There is tradition and there is the ever-present reality of change. We embrace both.
- We honour tradition and the wisdom passed on to us through the generations that preceded us,
- and we honour the creative spirit that lives in each and every one of us, here and now.
- We celebrate diversity.
- We strive to leave this earth a better place for having us.
- We embrace that which is beautiful and lasting, and has been made with care and devotion.
- We share. Songs, stories, food, hopes and dreams, concerns... We listen to learn.
- It is important that for this deep learning and sharing to take place that we all participate in making each safe space.
- We do not tolerate harassment of any kind.
SPECIFICALLY AT CAMP:
- be open minded! share openly, and receive openly
- be present: use your mobile device only when necessary and away from the activities (please do not give them to your children to play video games)
- be responsible: don't abuse any substances; smoke only in designated area
- be conscious of other people's need for space: respect sleeping space by keeping it a quiet calm place
- be waste free: bring only reusable (non-disposable) , natural (nontoxic) items to camp