WORK WITH US
Folk Camp Canada is looking for 2 volunteers to join our Board of Directors.
We seek enthusiastic, creative, active individuals who are interested in our mission of connecting people to the Earth and to one another through folk art traditions, and who are passionate about making a positive impact. We welcome your resume with a cover letter describing why you are interested in joining the Board of Directors of Folk Camp Canada!
Board member responsibilities include:
1. Attend regular meetings of the Folk Camp Board of Directors at least eight (8) times per year.
2. Provide leadership to board committees. Each board director is expected to serve as an active, ongoing member of at least one committee.
3. Prepare in advance for decision-making and policy formation at board meetings; take responsibility for self-education on the major issues before the board.
4. Responsibly review and act upon committee recommendations.
5. Participate in the annual retreat of each year.
6. In general, utilize personal and professional skills, relationships and knowledge for the advancement of Folk Camp.
The current Folk Camp board is comprised of a diverse group of individuals whose interest and knowledge lay in different areas of folk art, community organizing, education, & design. We are also inviting individuals who have an interest in the following:
· Organizational strategic planning
· Business development and financial management
· Fund-raising (both professional fundraisers and those with leverage in getting funds)
· Background in folk craft, food industry, gardening, folk music & dance worlds
· From various folk communities
To apply, or inquire, please email folkcanada[at]gmail.com
with subject heading: "application for board of directors8